Plot 4-C, Danyal Plaza, Block A, Main Double Road, PWD, Islamabad, Pakistan. email@example.com +92 51 5421056
Dr. Sadia Mehmood Satti
POSTDOC RESEARCH AT ALPHA GENOMICS (PVT) LIMITED
I am an enthusiastic Environmental Microbial Ecologist. I am interested in exploring microbial diversity in various environmental niches and elucidating the wonders that they are doing in ecosystem. Currently, I am working as a Post-doctoral research fellow at Alpha Genomics (Private) Limited, working on NGS data analysis with focus on Metagenomics and Whole genome sequence analysis of bacterial genomes. I am also involved in the Industrial Microbiology research lab set up at Alpha Genomics (Private) Limited.
I earned my PhD from Qauid-i-Azam University Islamabad Pakistan in December 2018 in Environmental Microbiology. My research focus was evaluation of the ecotoxicological impact of most wide spread anthropogenic pollutant, plastics, and understanding the role of microorganisms towards finding a sustainable solution to plastic pollution. I evaluated degradation kinetics of various biodegradable polyesters (PU, PCL, PHB/PHBV and PLA) using bacterial and fungal isolates in water and soil. I performed bioaugmentation studies of isolates in lab built soil micrcosms to simulate the performance of microbial strains to degrade biodegradable polyesters in real soil environment at environmental temperature. I also performed Ecotoxicological studies of the biodegradable polyesters and the evaluation of activity of hydrolytic enzymes (lipases and esterases) from the bacterial isolates. The focus of my entire research carrier was in the field of environmental and geomicrobiology because I love to explore microbial diversity and solve mysteries of microbial life on earth.
Prior to my post-doctoral position I had worked as Assistant Professor University Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, UAAR, Pakistan. Currently I am affiliated with the same institute as Visiting Faculty.
- Industrial Microbiology
- Enzyme and protein chemistry
- Sustainable Waste Management
- Circular economy
- Metagenomic analysis
- Isolation and characterization of microorganisms
- SATTI, S.M.; CASTRO-AGUIRRE, E.; SHAH, A.A.; MARSH, T.L.; AURAS, R. (2021). Genome Annotation of Poly(lactic acid) Degrading Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Sphingobacterium sp. and Geobacillus sp. International journal of molecular sciences. 22, 7385. (IF 5.9)
- SATTI, S. M., & SHAH, A. A. (2020). Polyester‐based biodegradable plastics: an approach towards sustainable development. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 70(6), 413-430. (IF 2.2)
- SATTI, S. M., SHAH, Z., LUQMAN, A., HASAN, F., OSMAN, M., & SHAH, A. A. (2020). Biodegradation of Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate) and Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) by Newly Isolated Penicillium oxalicum SS2 in Soil Microcosms and Partial Characterization of Extracellular Depolymerase. Current microbiology. (IF 1.7)
- SATTI, S.M., NOOR, H., UD DIN, S., FARMAN, M., HASAN, F., KHAN, S., BADSHAH, M. AND SHAH, A.A., 2020. Insight on esterase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain S3 that depolymerize poly (lactic acid)(PLA) at ambient temperature. Polymer Degradation and Stability, p.109096. (IF 5.1)
- SATTI, S. M., ABBASI, A., KHAN, S., RANA, Q., MARSH, T. L., AURAS, R., HASSAN, F., BADSHH M. & SHAH, A. A., 2019 Statistical Optimization of Lipase Production from Sphingobacterium sp. Strain S2 and Evaluation of Enzymatic Depolymerization of Poly(lactic acid) at Mesophilic Temperature. (Polymer degradation and stability doi 10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2018.11.030 (IF 5.1)
- SATTI, S. M., SHAH, A. A., MARSH, T. L. & AURAS, R. 2018. Biodegradation of Poly (lactic acid) in Soil Microcosms at Ambient Temperature: Evaluation of Natural Attenuation, Bio-augmentation and Bio-stimulation. Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 1-10. (IF 2.6)
- SATTI, S. M., SHAH, A. A., AURAS, R. & MARSH, T. L. 2017. Isolation and characterization of bacteria capable of degrading poly(lactic acid) at ambient temperature. Polymer Degradation and Stability, 144, 392–400. DOI 10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2017.08.023) (IF 5.1)
- OSMAN, M., SATTI, S. M., LUQMAN, A., HASAN, F., SHAH, Z. & SHAH, A. A. 2017. Degradation of Polyester Polyurethane by Aspergillus sp. Strain S45 Isolated from Soil. Journal of Polymers and the Environment. (DOI 10.1007/s10924-017-0954-0)