Plot 4-C, Danyal Plaza, Block A, Main Double Road, PWD, Islamabad, Pakistan. email@example.com +92 51 5421056
Dr. Muzna Hashmi
During my educational career I gained experience in the field of Applied Microbiology. I completed my PhD from Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad while focusing on of biofuels and bioenergy. My research was more specific to enhanced production of biofuels from Sugar Industry Waste. I also worked in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular engineering, The University of Tennessee, USA, where I learned different techniques, such as chemical determination, structural and compositional analysis of lignocellulosic biomass. I gained experience in the field of biofuels with the command on various chemical and biological pretreatment techniques to deconstruct a variety of biological polymers.
Teaching Experience and Highlights:
Prior to my post-doctoral position I had also worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Microbiology, Women University Mardan. I have been teaching at various other reputable institutes of Islamabad i.e. AIOU and PMAS Arid Agriculture University, where I taught various courses of Microbiology (Industrial Microbiology, Environmental Microbiology, General Microbiology, Principals of Biochemical Engineering) at graduate and post graduate levels.
POSTDOC RESEARCH AT ALPHA GENOMICS (PVT) LIMITED
Currently I am working as a Post-doctoral research fellow at Alpha Genomics (PVT) Limited, where my field of interest includes microbial genomics specifically related to yeast. My project includes whole genome analysis for yeast. I also deliver academic lectures and microbial lab demonstrations.
- Industrial Microbiology
- Biofuels, Enzyme technology, Biopolymers, Waste treatment
- Isolation and characterization of microorganisms, specifically yeast
- Ayyaz M, Hassan M, Hashmi M, Khan MT, Khan AS, Hassan S, Sajjad W, Irfan M (September 2018). Occurrence of Thrombocytopenia in Non-Cirrhotic Hepatitis C Positive Patients. Abasyn Journal of Life Sciences; 1(2): 77-81
- Muzna Hashmi, Tahir Kamal Khan, Waqas Khan, Fariha Hasan, Abdul Hameed, Samiullah Khan, Malik Badshah, Aamer Ali Shah (Febraury 2018). Comparison of a commercial yeast strain LALVIN EC-1118 with newly isolated Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain MZ-4 for enhanced ethanol yield from sugarcane molasses employing batch and modified fed-batch fermentation. Journal of Biobased Materials and Bioenergy; 12: 134-142. [IF= 0.9]
- Muzna Hashmi, Aamer Ali shah, Abdul Hameed, Arthur J Ragauskas (August, 2017). Enhanced production of bioethanol by fermentation of autohydrolyzed and C4mimOAc-treated sugarcane bagasse employing various yeast strains. Energies 10: 1-7. doi:10.3390/en10081207 [IF=2.3]
- Muzna Hashmi, Qining Sun, Jingming Tao, Tyrone Wells, Aamer Ali Shah, Nicole Labbé, and Arthur J. Ragauskas. (January, 2017). Comparison of autohydrolysis and ionic liquid 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate pretreatment to enhance enzymatic hydrolysis of sugarcane bagasse. Bioresource Technology 224: 714-720. [IF= 5.2]
- Muzna Hashmi, Richard P. Chandra, Arthur J Ragauskas (November, 2016). Lignin valorization via laccase assisted functionalization. BAOJ Chemistry 2(3):012.
- Muzna Hashmi, Aftab Iqbal Shafi, Fariha Hasan, Abdul Hameed, Aamer Ali Shah. (February, 2016). Comparative study of three commercial strains of Saccharomyces for enhanced production of biofuel using high gravity molasses. International Journal of Bioscience, 8(2): 106-114. [IF=0.5]